The crochet blanket – one massive Stash-Busting Granny Square detailed here looks good on the sofa here at Cornerstones.
It is exactly the right colours for the floral print on the sofa. That has been a very satisfying project.
But I have had another Cornerstones project on the go. Do you remember all those squares I was knitting in May – using up all the blue DK wools in the Stash?
Having been taught to make a basic Granny Square by Catherine back in November, when I visited Mags in Belfast, I subsequently got this book in an attempt to develop my skills.
Now I can do double crochet and half-treble. So I edged all 165 four inch squares in some navy four ply, then arranged them in rows till I was happy with the appearance. I sewed them up and edged it all with a few rows of royal blue half-treble.
Here’s my second Cornerstones Blanket
I’ve also brought the cushion I made up using the blue Log Cabin examples which I made ages ago to demonstrate the technique to the girls at Sewing Club. Front and back views…
I just love redeeming the remnants to make beautiful things! I look forward to my next visit to Cornerstones in the autumn, and snuggling up in a blanket!

0 Yorumlar